Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Fish Foilies


Happy end-of March! I cannot believe April is here already.We were just celebrating Christmas, right?

Seeing as this Winter seems like it will never release its death-grip on us, I am fighting back with this recipe. Normally, I would make this on the grill. But my body says "No" to the cold every time I step outside, so oven it is!

I did not grow up eating fish. We NEVER had it at home. But, now that I am an adult & trying my own things, we eat fish almost once a week in our house. I LOVE it! And when we're on vacation, I eat it for almost every meal. So healthy, so good. 

Which reminds me, I will get my Mexico recap trip up soon!

But after trying these, I have now found my favorite way to make fish! They cook perfectly, and you can get your side of veggies done all at the same time. It's quick, fast, yummy, & easy! (It is especially good served over brown rice or Quinoa!)



Fish Foilies
6-7 Small Fish Fillets (I used Aldi's Sea Queen Tilapia)
1 can sweet corn (I used Aldi's Happy Harvest Sweet Corn)
1 can black beans (I used Aldi's Simply Nature Organic Black Beans)
1 green pepper, diced
1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies (I used Aldi's Casa Mamita brand)
2 tbsp. dried basil
1 tbsp. olive oil 
1 cup shredded cheese (I used mozzarella) 
season salt or Cajun seasoning


Preheat your oven to 425. In a bowl, combine corn, black beans, green pepper, your can of diced tomatoes & green chilies, basil, & olive oil. 
Place a fish fillet in a piece of tin foil. Sprinkle some season salt or Cajun seasoning on the fillet. Over the fillet, spoon some of the veggie mixture on top. Sprinkle some more salt or seasoning on the top of that. Add a bit of shredded cheese to that, if you wish. (These would be just fine without cheese!) Fold the edges of the tin foil over the fish, and pinch the tops together so the heat/steam will stay in, creating a little pouch.
Repeat the above process with the remainder of your fish fillets, each in their own tin foil pouch. 
Place the fish foilies on a cookie sheet, seam side up. Bake them for about 20-25 minutes - this all depends on how "well-done" you like your fish. I like mine pretty well done, so I went for the 25 minutes. 
After the cooking time, take the cookie sheet from the oven. Carefully, open the fish foilies. These will be hot & release steam so, again, be careful! Slide the fish & veggies out of the foil onto a bed of rice or Quinoa, and there you have it! A wonderful meal of fish, veggies, & rice/Quinoa for you to enjoy. 


I love making foily meals, so be on the lookout for more this Summer!
Let me know, in the comments below, if you try this!
Love,
Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment