Thursday, December 15, 2016

Paleo Meatloaf



I have my regular, go-to menu items.

Tacos. Enchiladas. Porcupine Skillet. Chili. Spaghetti. Goulash. Tator Tot Hotdish. Pizza Bake. Chicken Parmesan Bake. Salsa Chicken Soup

And Paleo Meatloaf has made its way onto that list. 

I have made this about 5 times this year, & it has been a hit. 

It's healthy, easy, & tasty!

Seriously, this is good stuff. And all it takes is...

1 - 2lbs ground beef/pork/venison (I'm using venison tonight!)
half an onion (I used white.)
1 egg
2 - 3 cloves of garlic
6oz. can tomato paste
2 tbsp. flour
3 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
1 tbsp. garlic salt
1 tbsp. pepper

Preheat your oven to 350. In a skillet, heat a bit of oil & soften the chopped onion & garlic for about 3-5 minutes. 
Add to a bowl, along with the remaining ingredients. 
Using your hands, squeeze & mush the meat mix all together, so it is well combined. 
Gently, press the meat mix into a greased bread pan. 
Bake for 1 hour at 350. 

You can top this with tomato sauce, ketchup, a drizzle of Worcestershire sauce, and/or more Italian seasoning. I like to eat it "plain," right out of the oven, alongside some veggies & sweet potato fries. Maybe have some Light-er Fruit Cobbler for dessert! 

Ok, it's winter here in Minnesota & by the time supper rolls around, it's dark, so my pictures kind of suck. No natural light will do that to ya.
Every time I make this, James always says "Wow, this is good, babe!" His uncle really loves meatloaf, & asks James to have me make him some. I will need to do that soon! Can't be depriving people of this good food! 

Hope you enjoy it,
Ash 

No comments:

Post a Comment