Thursday, August 25, 2016

The Best Salmon, Ever


Stop searching.

'Cause this is the best salmon, ever.

I have found it. You have been saved from such a troubling task.

Rest your weary eyes. No need to wander into the land of Pinterest, or the lost forest of that recipe box, or the jungle of cookbooks. I have climbed that treacherous mountain & now reside in the Salmon Castle, as your Salmon Queen. 

Seriously, I have no idea where my brain gets this stuff from. It just goes, & my fingers slave away on the keyboard, trying to keep up. I am picturing my brain whipping my fingers to its command. Damn, dictator brain.

I'll stop now 'cause, obviously, this train won't halt on its own.



The Best Salmon, Ever
Salmon (I used 2 whole salmon filets with the skin still on.)
5 cloves garlic
1 lemon
1/4th cup soy sauce
red pepper flakes
basil

1. Lay your salmon fillets on a piece of tin foil, skin-side down. 
2. Drizzle your soy sauce all over your fish.
3. Chop your garlic & sprinkle it on the salmon. 
4. Cut your lemon into slices & place those sparingly on the fillets.
5. Sprinkle red pepper flakes & basil all over the fish. 
6. I set my fish, with the tin foil, on the grill & grilled it for 20-30 minutes. You could also bake this salmon in the oven at 425 for about 20-25 minutes. You could also pan-fry this, I'm sure. I just go by what I did!
7. Eat salmon before your kitty does.
Guys, look how cute BRUNO is! Yes, he is a BOY, not a girl. Una was a thing of the past. Una, Bruno... get it? I love that little furball. He is mainly outside, living in the barn with his other kitty pals, running a muck, but I let him in when I get home from work. He is a mama's boy but loves following his big bro, Jack, around. He also pounces on James when he is eating ANYTHING.
The salmon just peeled off of the skin, so no worries about that. It was so flaky & so good... James wasn't even hungry, but he ate a pinch of fish from the pan, & then ate a whole serving, with his fingers, from the pan. 

Caveman, I tell you. 

Don't ask me what I set my grill at. I have no idea. That thing is so old... I just turned it on low. Professional chef, right here.

I served this with my Ramen Stir-Fry & it was an award-worthy meal. Like, I amazed myself. Raw talent, ladies & gents, friggin' raw talent


 Give it a go. You'll like me 12x more than right this instant. 

Seriously... try it,
Ash 

No comments:

Post a Comment