Monday, June 6, 2016

Review: Aldi's Simply Nature Crunchy Peanut Butter Spread


Hi there! 

Hey!

Howdy!

Sick of me yet?
 
Okay, I seen this peanut butter at Aldi & I am currently really diggin' their Simply Nature line, so I grabbed it & brought it home to try.

It's called "Simply Nature Crunchy Peanut Butter Spread with Flaxseed & Whole Chia" and, honestly, all I read was "Simply Nature Crunchy Peanut Butter Spread" & took off with it in my cart. Didn't even notice the "with Flaxseed & Whole Chia" part until this morning, when I tried it.

Well, my famous "toast with peanut butter" cravings came today (they happen often) so I whipped this bad boy out. When we got back from St. Croix in 2014, the only thing I wanted to eat for weeks was bread & peanut butter. Why was I craving this after our trip? No idea, as we did not eat this at all while vacationing. Weird? I thought so, too, but you just never know with me. Such an odd ball.


Lemme tell ya - it's good.

Very good.

Like, the best peanut butter I have ever had.

And I'm not just saying that cause it's Aldi & I love Aldi & I won't say anything bad about Aldi. No, I mean it when I say this stuff is the bee's knees. 

It's so good, that I'm worried about how my self-control will react all week. I could eat this stuff with a spoon straight from the jar. A tornado could be ripping through our front yard (which, could happen tomorrow, looking at the forecast) & I'd grab James, Jack, the cats, my phone, & this jar & make a run for the basement. No free hands? Guess it's going in the bra, cause it's comin' with. 

Too much?

Seriously though, it's super crunchy, it's tasty as ever, & I was full off these 2 slices. 

*BONUS REVIEW!  

AND I made it with Simply Nature's Organic Whole Wheat bread. I tried this bread last week for the first time & it is stellar! It's healthy, filling, & firm, so not to slop my toppings everywhere. I really, really, really love it, & will continue buying it. James asked me to make him three sandwiches for work today, & now I only have 2 slices left. BUT tomorrow's Friday, which means Aldi day! Gonna get some more, yeah sure, you betcha.


I was going to take some photos to do a sequence like "one bite gone, two bites gone, three bites gone, etc." to be dorky but I scarfed this breakfast down. I inhaled this stuff. There was no time for more photos. I'm lucky I got the ones I did, I mean, in case Aldi see's this post &



With only 1 gram of sugar, per 2 tablespoons, I am a happy camper. The ingredients are simple, too: Fresh roasted peanuts, ground faxseed, whole chia, palm oil, and salt. 

Hello! Guess that's why they call themselves "Simply Nature." 

And they rule. 

Rule the school.

Rule the school with cool. 

Okay, I'm done. 

Go try this stuff!

Smiles & peanut butter,
Ash 

5 comments:

  1. I love that you wrote this review. I found out in January I'm a diabetic and I love peanut butter. I've found the name brand 'natural' has 3 or more grams of sugar. I was so psyched when I found this. The flax and chia is an added bonus that actually helps my digestive system. I went to Aldi yesterday and was bummed to find they didn't have any in stock. One point you didn't mention... Most low sugar, natural peanut butter costs $3 to $5... This is $1.99 per jar! I it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Nancy, good point! The PB was super cheap compared to others. I wonder if it was one of Aldi's Special Buys, as I didn't see it the last time I was there, either. But their natural PB is still very good. I am glad you read my post! Thank you for commenting!

      Delete
  2. This peanut butter is amazing... my favorite, hands down. I just wish they'd make it without the palm oil :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. just looked and simply nature also make organic natural peanut butter i wonder if Aldi would consider carrying that as well??? This is a "spread" versus a real peanut butter. but this "spread" seems to be right up there on the healthy food list

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure if I should refrigerate the peanut butter spread (with flaxseed & whole chia). Who refrigerates and who stores in the pantry?

    ReplyDelete