Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Pizza Egg Bake


Breakfast for dinner is, at least, a monthly thing in our house. Lately, when we have such nights, its been all about the Egg Bakes. Eggs are at a good price right now & you can't go wrong serving up a good protein-packed quiche. It's a healthy dinner & can be made in so many different ways. Today, I'm showing off this Pizza Egg Bake that I adapted from Brit at Define Fettle. Her website is jam-packed with awesome recipes & fitness advice. Seriously, go check out her site & subscribe to her emails! After you subscribe to mine, of course ;)

Pizza Egg Bake
Makes 9 squares.
1 pound ground pork sausage
10 eggs
1 bell pepper, chopped (I used a yellow one!)
1/2 a red onion, chopped
 1 small handful black olives, chopped
 2 tbsp black pepper
1.25 cups marinara sauce or pizza sauce (I used marinara, as it's what I had on hand.)
1 tbsp each of these:
oregano
basil
garlic salt
  1. Preheat your oven to 375 & grease an 8x11 pan.
  2. Brown your sausage over the stove on medium-high heat. Set aside.
  3. In the same pan, saute the onion & peppers until tender. Add the black olives & toss for 1 minute.
  4. In a bowl, whisk up the eggs, pepper, & spices.
  5. In your greased pan, toss the veggies in the bottom to make the first layer. 
  6. On top of the veggies, add the sausage. 
  7. On top of the sausage, pour the egg mix.
  8. On top of the egg mix, drizzle the marinara.
  9. Bake for 30 minutes.
  10. Enjoy!


I was not expecting to eat half the pan, but it happened. I chalked it up to an exhausting day, which led to a full, happy belly. James mauled the rest. We were just 2 hungry bears, lured in by delicious-ness. 


I loved the pizza-y vibe this gave off. What a healthy spin on a classic favorite flavor. This is going on the regular dinner list. It's funny how I refer to this list like it's an actual thing, when really it's just a mental list that I've completely forgotten about. I guess I could go through all my blog posts that I wrote "this will be a regular" on. Consider this blog my new list. 

We enjoyed this last week, & I am already craving another round of this good stuff. This week, however, I am sticking with the menu plan I wrote up. 

Sunday: Greek Chicken Gyros
Monday: Taco Salads
Tuesday: Pork Roast with Potatoes & Gravy
Wednesday: Tilapia & Peppers Hotdish (Link)
Thursday: Chicken Chow Mein
Friday: Beef Stroganoff

So far, I'm keeping on track. Last night, we had 2 storms roll through & knock out the power, so there was no "potatoes & gravy" but the pork, served over bread slices, worked out well. 



The storm ended up doing some damage in our neighboring hometown, & the town closest to our farm. Wind knocked over several trees & power lines. 

Of course, when my phone is screaming at me to take shelter, I stand out in the yard & oogle at the sky.

Which was immediately followed by me hopping in the car & driving to the town where a "tornado was seen on the ground." 

I cannot get enough of storms. It's like the energy lights me up. James just shakes his head & goes along for the ride, I'm sure to watch me so I don't go running towards a twister. 

Fortunately, the "tornado" didn't cause injury to anyone. 

Unfortunately, for me, I didn't get to see it. 

I plan on taking a SkyWarn course next year to be a trained spotter. Whoo! 

Well, it's snack time for this gal, & I made my favorite Banana Oat Cookies this morning. 

Excuse me while I chow down on 2-3 of those. 3, it'll be 3.

Pizza & storm love,
Ash

Taking care of this baby this week, for my parents, who are in Branson! She is one hyper girl.
 Make sure you subscribe to my emails on the right side of the page! Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment