Friday, June 10, 2016

Homemade {DIY} Leave-In Conditioner


I was in a bit of a pickle. 

You see, I don't use conditioner when I shower.

"This lady is a whack job," you're thinking.

Well, the shampoo I use is Renpure Originals Argan Oil Shampoo. 
Source.
I love this stuff. I have finally found the shampoo for me. There's zero sodium choloride, sulfates, dyes, harsh salts, parabens, & gluten. It's just a big ol bottle of goodness. I found it at Wal-Mart & it was super affordable. 

Anyways, this shampoo does such a good job, that I started not buying conditioner. 

So when this storm rolled in today...

...my hair was getting a bit frizzy.

I was all out of my leave-in conditioner I bought at the store. 

What to do... what to do...

What would make my hair smoother? Coconut oil! Time to make a Homemade {DIY} Leave-In Conditioner.

Ingredients:
  • 8 oz. spray bottle
  • 2 tbls organic coconut oil
  • warm water
  • 5 drops essential oil (Optional)

  1. Put 2 tablespoons coconut oil in a small dish & microwave for 10 seconds to melt. 
  2. Pour melted coconut oil into the 8 oz. spray bottle. 
  3. This step is optional. Add your drops of essential oil to the bottle.
  4. Fill the rest of the bottle full with the warm water.
  5. Shake well.
  6. Spritz a few sprays on wet or damp hair. A little goes a long way! Too much will make your hair look greasy. I have long hair & used 4 sprays. 
  7. Comb through & enjoy your smell-good hair!
  8. When you need to use this again & the coconut oil hardens, just pop the bottle in the microwave for 10-20 seconds & shake!



I love Aldi's Simply Nature Organic Unrefined, Cold-Pressed Coconut Oil. 


This stuff is gooooooooooooooood.

And my hair looks, feels, & smells great! Who needs chemical-filled leave-in conditioners anyway? Talk about one handy chick. I mean, James better hang on to me. I'm a keeper. 

Take that, storm! My hair will not be your slave.

And, of course, here's the regular post photo of Una:
Playful as ever.
And, for kicks, some of Jack, too. He's a bit harder to catch in a photo. Today we went kayaking, but he was a bit more jumpy than normal, so we cut it short & played fetch instead. 


Kayak & coconut love,
Ash

2 comments:

  1. Thank you. I am going to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It works great! I love the scent, too. Glad you stopped by!

      Delete