Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Chicken Parmesan Bake

Happy Tuesday, people! 

I have just been swamped lately, with festivals going on around the area, a road trip to Wisconsin to stock up on cheese curds, taking care of a baby kitten that was without her mother, learning to kayak with Jack in the boat, gardening, a house-warming party... but these are all good things! I am one lucky duck. 

Wanna meet my new kitty? 

Thought so.


Her name is Una & I love her. Una is an Irish-originated word for "one." I named her that because she was found all alone. 

Plus, I like short & sweet names, so.

She is one squeaky little lady. She loves to meow, cuddle on my neck, wrestle with Jack, nibble on James' fingers, & practice running outside. She even got a ride in the bike buggy with Jack yesterday! 

My sister found her in her barn, with no mother or any other kitties in sight. She cried & cried & Britt took care of her for a few days, before asking me if I wanted her. Britt has 2 cats right now that just had 6 babies each, so her hands are already full. Of course I took her!

#farmlife

#notcoolenoughforhastags

When I first got her, she was too small to be away from her mother, but well-off enough to survive. I began feeding her warm milk, and moved into ground wet cat food on day 2. She would choke on it a bit, but had the hang of it by that 2nd night.

Now, she's a little oinker, and can maul a bunch of food. Her belly is so big! 

(Keep watch for more posts including her, soon!)

Back to the Bake.


This bake is delicious & oh-so-easy. I loved it, loved the flavors, & how simple it is. I have just been on a roll with good recipes lately, & this one is no exception. 

Chicken Parmesan Bake
  • 4 Chicken Breasts
  • .75 jar (20 oz.) Marinara Sauce 
  • 1.5 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
  • Italian-seasoned Panko bread crumbs, to top
  • 1 tbsp basil, oregano, parsley, dried onion flakes, & pepper
Heat your oven to 350 and grease a 8x8 baking dish. Cook your chicken in a pot of water & shred. OR, if you're like me, cook the chicken breasts in the slow cooker all day while at work on low for 7 hours. 
Shred your chicken. 
Put all of the shredded chicken in the bottom of the pan. 
Pour 3/4ths of a whole jar of sauce over the chicken. Do the whole jar if you like it extra saucy!
Top the sauce layer with the shredded cheese.
Top the cheese layer with the bread crumbs, and sprinkle all the seasonings over the crumbs.
Bake for 20-25 minutes.
While it's baking, you can make some noodles, like I did. (I used whole wheat spiral noodles from Aldi.) If you're not into noodles, you could serve this over rice, bread, or leave it on its own! (James & I ate all the noodles that night, & I ate the leftover chicken bake all on its own the next day. Both ways I served it were GREAT!)

It's easy. It's delicious. It's not semi-healthy. It's going on my regular list. 

My regular list is just a-growin'!


Let me know in the comments below if you make this!

I'm off to a 'Taste of the Farm" event tonight, where we learn about agriculture in the area, celebrate our local farmers, & eat a free meal from the family hosting this event (super amazing!). Farmers are such a key component in this world. We need them to live! Make sure to appreciate those folks who tirelessly work to feed the world. 

 Kitty kisses & farmer love,
Ash 

No comments:

Post a Comment