Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Taco Bake


Like I said in my last post, we eat something taco-related weekly. And this week, I tried out The Farmwife Cooks Taco Bake! Here's my take on it:

Taco Bake
You'll need:
  • 1 pound ground beef or ground turkey
  • 3 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning
  • 3 tablespoons water
  • 8 oz. plain Greek yogurt
  • 1 package crescent rolls
  • 1 14.5oz can diced tomatoes
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 3 handfuls nacho cheese chips, crush in hands
Cook the ground meat in a skillet until no longer brown. Add taco seasoning, water, & diced tomatoes. Simmer for 5 minutes. 
Grease a 9x13 glass pan & press out crescent rolls into a crust. 
Top the crust with the meat mixture. Top that with the Greek yogurt. Top the yogurt with your shredded cheese. 
Crush your chips in hand & sprinkle over the top of the whole dish. 
Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. 
Top with lettuce, tomatoes, more Greek yogurt, and/or some guac. 

This dish was GREAT! It will definitely be going on the regular menu. Next time, I will add chopped onions and maybe chopped green pepper to the meat mix. The more veggies, the better ;)


This was our supper last night, & my lunch today as a leftover. The leftovers are just as good! James will be eating the rest of the pan tonight for dinner, while I'm thinking of making Swai for myself. Never had it before, so we shall see how that goes!

With love,
Ash 

No comments:

Post a Comment