Thursday, May 5, 2016

Quick & Easy Crescent Churros for Cinco de Mayo!

After I had already gotten home from work yesterday, I got a text from a co-worker that we were doing a little Cinco de Mayo potluck tomorrow. As I got the text, I was sitting on the side of the road, about to run into the ditch and find my first Geocache. 
I heard about Geocaching before, but never really looked into it. Well, I did, & now I have the urge to hunt for some treasures. I even made it our Sister Date for the month of May! 
To make a long story short, I couldn't find the cache & was too frazzled by all the cars driving by, probably thinking I was a looney toon, rampaging a telephone pole. I went home, waited for James, we went back to said pole, & eventually found it. It was a tricky one for our first ever find! Nothing fancy, just a log to record your finding. Still neat, though! And in a unique "container."

Back to the churros.  I can get so off track sometimes...

I spent my entire evening outside, working on plants, the lawn, & a craft I'm making for Mother's Day. There wasn't a thought in my head about needing to make something for the potluck, until I was just about to fall asleep. Isn't it funny how you remember everything just as your eyes close? So I set my alarm to wake me up earlier than normal.

So, this morning, I got up & searched Pinterest. I found these churros. They seemed quick, easy, Mexican-related, & I had the 4 ingredients needed.

Crescent Churros
You'll need:
  • 1 can crescent rolls
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon 
Preheat your pretty little oven to 375 degrees. Grease a cookie sheet & pop open that can of crescent rolls. Take the triangles & buddy them up with another triangle, laying them out to make 4 rectangles, like this:
 Pinch the edges together in the middle so they really connect. 

 It's like a love story...

Melt your butter in a small dish, then brush it onto TWO of the rectangles (you won't use it all just yet). Mix your cinnamon & sugar in a separate bowl. Sprinkle half the cinnamon sugar on the TWO buttered rectangles. Top those rectangles with the other two rectangles, kind of like a sandwich. Press the edges together slightly. Brush the tops with more butter. 
With a pizza cutter, cut each rectangle sandwich into 6 strips. You'll have 12 strips in all. 
Take each strip & twist it about 3 times.
Mine are no where near pretty, but I was pressed for time. They ended up tasting wonderful, so who cares!
Bake these for 9 minutes. When you remove them from the oven, brush the tops with the remaining melted butter & sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon sugar. 



Best served warm, but good at any temp. I would know, as I've already dove into them. Must... restrain...self...need...to...save...some...for...my coworkers.
I ended up having about 15 minutes to spare this morning, after getting ready, so I headed to Pinterest again to see what I could make in that time. I made Mexican Salsa Brown Rice, along with the churros. 

For having such short notice, I feel like I crushed it ;) 

Warm Wishes,
Ash 

No comments:

Post a Comment