Thursday, May 5, 2016

Mexican Salsa Brown Rice

Need a quick idea for a Cinco de Mayo party? I sure did. After quickly making my Crescent Churros,  I had just enough time to whip up something else. 

Introducing, Mexican Salsa Brown Rice!

Thank you, Six Sisters' Stuff

Mexican Salsa Brown Rice
You'll need:
  • 2 cups instant brown rice
  • 2 cups water
  • 1 packet taco seasoning (I used low sodium. You could also make your own.)
  • 1 cup salsa
  • 1 can green chilies, 4oz. (I didn't have these on hand, but my salsa had chilies in it.)
Mix all ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 8 minutes, stirring a couple times during. Let it sit for 3-5 minutes to soak up the juices. Fluff with a fork & serve, or, if you're like me & bringing this to a potluck, dish into a small slow cooker. Plug it in later & let it sit on warm or low, adding water when needed. 

So quick & surprisingly tasty! I had no idea what to expect on this one, & it turned out so yummy. Gotta love rice!


 Warm Wishes,
Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment