Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Easy Homemade Taco Seasoning


We have something taco-related almost weekly at our house. 

Beef Tacos. Chicken Tacos. Fish Tacos. Enchiladas. Taco Pasta. Taco Bake. Salsa Chicken Soup. Mexican Salsa Brown RiceTaco Noodle Hotdish

So our need for Taco Seasoning is strong. And I've had enough of the store-bought taco seasoning packets. They are full of junk


Source.
I mean, check out them ingredients! Why?! Why put all that stuff in your delicious tacos?

Nope, I'm done with that. Time to make my own. 

A big "Thank You!" goes out to my childhood friend, Britany, for sharing her Homemade Taco Seasoning recipe on her blog, DefineFettle.com. This is what gave me the idea for making my own recipe!


Homemade Taco Seasoning
You'll need 1 tablespoon of each of these:
  • Onion Power
  • Garlic Salt
  • Cumin
  • Chili Powder
  • Oregano
  • Black Pepper
And half a teaspoon of each of these:
  • Red Pepper Flakes
  • Paprika
I added the last 2 ingredients after taking my pictures, for a little more kick. 

Mix all ingredients in a bowl, then add to a container to store. When you're ready to toss these into a taco recipe, mix about 3 tablespoons in with a bit of water with your meat.



With love,
Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment