Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Chocolate Mug Cake



Chocolate.

I needed it on Saturday night. 

It was the day before grocery shopping, so we didn't have any chocolate just laying around. It was also after 9pm, so I didn't feel like baking for 20+ minutes. 

I.
Needed.
It.
Now.

A quick scan in my brain files & I remembered seeing a Chocolate Mug Cake recipe on the Pioneer Woman's website. 

I was eating chocolate cake in less than 5 minutes. 

Night saved!

The first bite, I was like "Hmm, this is interesting..."
Then, I don't remember the second or third or fourth or any bites after that, because I scarfed it down. It was a cake, made in a mug, in the microwave, in 75 seconds. How can it be that good?! 

No questions. 

(If Jim read that last part, he'd laugh. It's a line from a terribly weird song he has sang throughout our relationship at random times. "No Questions." Hehe! Youtube "Bertha Butt Boogie" by Jimmy Castor & you will shake your head at us. Sorry.)

Chocolate Mug Cake
3 tbsp flour
3 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1/4 tsp baking powder
3 tbsp milk
3 tbsp applesauce
splash of vanilla
3 tbsp chocolate chips

Mix the first 4 ingredients, then add the next 4 but only add 2 tbsp chocolate chips. Mix that all together & microwave for 90 seconds. Add whipped cream to the top, along with the other tbsp chocolate chips. 

The first time I made this, I did the above recipe as shown, but with vegetable oil. I was so full after eating the whole cake to myself. 

The next 2 times I made the recipe, I halved the recipe & used applesauce. I microwaved the halved mix for 75 seconds & it was outstanding. Just enough for me to enjoy but not feel overwhelmed. As in other recipes I enjoy, I like to substitute applesauce for vegetable oil. It just tastes better to me. I use Simply Nature Unsweetened Applesauce from, guess where?!, Aldi! I also used semi-sweet mini chocolate chips. Mmmmm...

This is definitely going to be a go-to for when I am craving chocolate. 

Which is 95% of my waking hours. 


Warm Wishes,
Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment