Monday, April 25, 2016

Black Bean Burger Salad


My goals lately have been to try & eat more salads. Should be easy, seeing as I LOVE salads. So for lunch, I've been bringing this Black Bean Burger Salad to work. Let me tell ya - it fills you up! It's tasty & I could eat it several times a week. I used a MorningStar Farms Black Bean Burger patty, but you could make your own, too. 

Black Bean Burger Salad
1 black bean burger patty, shredded
1.5-2 cups shredded lettuce
2 tbls salad dressing
1 roma tomato, diced
And whatever you feel like adding! 

In this case, I added my Greek Yogurt Broccoli Salad to the bowl. I tossed all the ingredients & enjoyed myself a yummy salad. 
For years, I'd bring salads to work using several containers & sandwich baggies. No more! I've found an easier way...
Just use a jar! The salad dressing goes in first, on the bottom, then your tomatoes or cucumbers or both, then a sprinkle of cheese maybe? Then your lettuce & seeds. When I'm ready to eat, I just dump the whole thing in a bowl & tap on the bottom for a bit to get all the goodies out. 

Less dishes = a happier me.

Healthier lunches = a better me :)

Warm Wishes,
Ash 

No comments:

Post a Comment