Saturday, April 16, 2016

Baked Salmon & Peppers



Our regular meals lately have involved Beef or Chicken. We had gotten some pork given to us, but we didn't like the texture, so we don't have any of that around right now. So I have been alternating beef and chicken nights, & you can only do that so many times before you need to throw some other meat in there. Enter, salmon.

I love fish. Why it's not eaten as much as chicken or beef in this house, I haven't figured out, but I plan to change that. Which reminds me to add FISH to the grocery list...

We are trying to eat through our last grocery trip before going to buy more groceries. I am keeping track of this by crossing out the items we eat off our grocery list. 
Aldi receipt! 
We've got the majority of the list crossed off, so I think I might go to Aldi tomorrow. 

Anyways, my point is, we had this 3-pack of multi-colored peppers that needed to be used. They were just starting to get wrinkles, so I knew I had to make a dinner with them. Hello, Baked Salmon & Peppers!

Baked Salmon & Peppers
Salmon fillets (I used 4)
3 Multi-colored peppers
Olive Oil
Oregano
Lemon Pepper

Preheat your oven to 300 degrees. Grease a baking dish & chop up your peppers. Add them to the dish, drizzle oil on top, & sprinkle with oregano. Toss & bake the peppers for 10 minutes. After the 10 minutes, place the salmon fillets on top of the pepper bed. Drizzle the fillets with olive oil, & season with more oregano & the lemon pepper. Bake for 20-30 minutes, until salmon has an internal temp of 145 degrees.
I didn't even want to edit the photos... they just looked perfect!
No filter, as the kids say.
That's it! Another super easy recipe. And a healthy one, at that.

I made my Banana Oatmeal Cookies for dessert... stay tuned for that post!

Warm Wishes,
Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment