Friday, August 7, 2015

An August Craving

It's August 7th. It's nearly 80 degrees outside. It's sunny & humid, with a small breeze. And a craving hits me after a 5 mile bike ride with Jack in the buggy in tow.

I. want. pumpkin.

Yup, pumpkin.

I whipped up a new pumpkin recipe & it's baking in the oven as I type. A recipe that requires the oven to be burning at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. In August. I'm that girl.

Here's the recipe I'm trying:

1 15oz. can of pumpkin
1 16oz. box of angel food cake mix
1 tsp. pumpkin spice
1 cup water
As much whipped cream as you desire

Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Mix the first 4 ingredients in a bowl. Pour the mix in a greased 9x13 metal pan. Bake for 45ish minutes. Let cool. Spread whipped cream on the top.

It's that simple. I can't wait to try it in 36 minutes.

***

Well the Angel Food Pumpkin Cake turned out really well! I already had two pieces for dessert...

My pumpkin craving has been cured.

No comments:

Post a Comment